Friday, November 5, 2010

Teacher Curriculum Interview

Teacher Curriculum Interview Questions

1. Why do you want to be a teacher?
2. What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of teaching for you?
3. At the end of the school year, how will you determine whether you were successful or not?
4. How would you go about planning a lesson?
5. How would you individualize a curriculum for students at various levels?
6. What kind of teachers would you prefer working with? why?
7. What do you think was your most successful lesson you have taught and why?
8. How would you discipline the students who curse out in class while you are teaching?
9. How would you discipline the students who curse out in class while you are teaching?
10. How do you evaluate your students?
11. What do you think the role/ responsibility of a teacher should be?
12. Can you share with me about your philosophy of teaching and learning?

What I have learned through the interview...

Through the teacher interview, I learned how important the co-teacher's role is in class. As one of the Korean English teachers at my work, I did not know that the native speaking English teacher needed my help in her class. When she was teaching my kids, I thought she was the teacher and she needed to control the class, not me. However, I learned that I know about my students more than she does, so I should at least help motivate the students while she was teaching. I usually did not wake up the sleeping students in class. I thought that was their choice to miss the class and sleep instead. From this interview, I looked back my teaching style and learned that I should be humble and love my kids. I still remember that the teacher that I interviewed, Grace Lee, saying, "Discipline in Love and Teach in Love."

2 comments:

  1. Finally you made it!! ^^
    I love the line, "Discipline in Love and Teach in Love." Without love, we can't be the real teacher. Maybe love is the best motivation for all the teachers.
    When I first moved to the surburban city, I was almost shocked because students and their parents didn't concern 'education'. Becuase most of them are from middle-low class and parents had to work all day, they considered teachers as baby sitters. I wanted to excape from them for a while. But now I understand why they did so, and I try to find the best way for them. (not the best for all but the best for my students here) My deep concern (it may be love) changes all my viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After listening to the audio link, I must say, Grace Lee must be a very good teacher as she uses "love" for her students as a way to connect to them. I think this is a very good way to connect to one's students, show concern to them and show them that you are there for them to help them learn. I rarely see teachers using this kind of strategy these days. Usually, from what I observed, they don't really care about their students' education. All they care about is being superior to their students and making their students all stressed-out and letting them catch up on their own - failing to do so would prompt them a low grade. I find this a sad thought. Hopefully, there will be more teachers like Ms. Lee who uses this method to teach her students.

    ReplyDelete